Thank you Dos Rios Golf Course for hosting us! We had a very productive meeting, and thanks to all who attended!
If you would like to read/review the minutes we have then in PDF for your download here.
2015 YTD Budget is also available for download.
Issues with weeds (identified to be noxious) will be dealt with as follows:
- The County (Jon Mugglestone, Weed Manager) will be notified
- They will inspect the property and determine the course of action which can include
- Request, by letter, property owner to mitigate within the year
- Failure to mitigate within the year can result in state mandated control and all expenses paid by lot owner
- Failure to pay can result in property lien/foreclosure
Gunnison County Weed Management Plan
Dos Rios 3 HOA Annual Meeting Minutes Call to order 5:34pm 9/16/14 ROLL CALL:
- Sue Uerling: 656 Fairway Ln.
- Pam Hatcher: 733 Fairway Ln.
- Meredith Mcmanus: 289 Fairway Ln. & 974 fairway Ln.
- Kathy Bignell: 1061 Fairway Ln.
- Frank Kugel & Debbie Harris: 266 Tomichi Tr.
- Jennifer Barvitski: 635 Tomichi Tr.
- Kirsten Copenhaver: 776 Fairway Ln.
- Betsy and Don Janney: 422 Tomichi Ln.
- Sue moves to approve the 2013 annual meeting minutes
- Meredith second
- All in favor. Vote passes
- Kirsten C got an updated list lots from the county and there are 90 lots
- 14 unpaid some as far back as 2010.
- Kirsten C gave a summary of assets.
- Frank asked for the maturity dates on the CDs
- We have two CD’s which were originally opened on 7/3/2002 with both opening balances of $10,000 , they mature each year on 7/3 but will continue to roll over to the next year unless we tell them otherwise. The rate on these two CD’s is currently at .20%. This rate has not changed since 2012.
- The balance as of today in each CD is currently =$12,477.63 on each of the CD’s.
- Meredith recommended the HOA be listed as creditor for foreclosures… No action was taken.
- Can we charge for cleanup, mowing, weed spraying and bill the owners?
- David Barton should write a Landscaping Resolution amendment to give us the power to and we want to charge full price plus a fee/penalty. Ask David for suggested assessment fee options based on area comps.
- Don J will investigate what we can do to enforce (based on adopted resolutions) in the case of foreclosures
- A “Standards Monitor” (Sue Uerling) has been established and they will verify and legitimize submitted complaints and then notify Frank K if filed complaints needs action re: landscaping compliance or lack thereof
- Kirsten C will notify Frank K re: overdue dues. Frank will notify attorney
- Rob will update the web form (change from appeals to concerns) and add to the form a requirement regarding contacting a neighbor regarding their complaint first and the documentation of the same also needs to be included in the form
- Process to mange concerns is as follows
- Standards Monitor will validate
- HOA letter and notice of assessment fee will be mailed, by HOA, to homeowner
- compliant with new Landscaping Resolution
- Then attorney letter and assed fee charged to homeowner
- Further legal action if needed, in compliance with Resolutions, will be requested of the attorney by Frank K.
- Board member elections:
- Kirsten C and Meredith requested to be re-elected, and a vote was conducted.
- All in favor of re-electing Kirsten and Meredith. Directors Elected.
- Nomination of officers by Board.
- Don moved to re-elect Rob as President, Jennifer as Secretary, and Kirsten as Treasurer
- Frank seconded the motion.
- All in favor. Officers elected as proposed.
- Pam H expressed concerns about the neighborhood tolerance regarding feeding large wildlife (deer) and asked for HOA support
- Jennifer mentioned Nick Gallowich has said he will visit homeowners if requested
- We will include this topic in the next newsletter
- Frank motioned to adjourn at 6:34pm
- Meredith seconded the motion.
- All in favor. Motion passes.