Summer 2024

Good Day members,

What a wonderful June we have had so far, hope the rain continues which makes keeping a lawn nice and green a lot easier.

I would like to share a few items of information with all of you.

  1. Dos Rios 1 HOA requested we let everyone know they do not want any yard waste thrown onto their common property and request it please stop. They pay to treat their common ground for weeds and do not want any potential weeds coming onto their land from Dos Rios 3 lawn and garden waste.
  2. The board has received a few comments and complaints about the clutter around some homes. We all live in the neighborhood together and as neighbors we need to be aware of how we keep our yards and do our part to keep the neighborhood looking great. We appreciate you helping out!
  3. If you haven’t gone to our website https://dosrios3.com and given us your email, we ask that you go to the website and click on the menu button and select “Contact” then click on “Newsletter Subscription” and then sign up for the newsletter. We hope to move to all electronic notices by this fall so we do not have to spend close to $100.00 each time we mail this newsletter and notification of the board meetings.
  4. Speaking of HOA Board meetings, the next one will be on July 31, 4:00 PM in the Gunnison County Library.

July 31 Board Meeting Agenda:

  1. Roll Call
  2. Proof of Notice of Meeting
  3. Approval of March 12th minutes
  4. Report out of Committees
  5. New Business
  6. Adjournment

Sincerely,

Mark Hatcher

Dos Rios 3 HOA – President

Spring Newsletter

Hello Neighbors!

The Board would like to take a few minutes and give you an update on what is happening here in Dos Rios 3.

As you all have noticed, Gunnison County has improved the area around the mailboxes on Fairway Lane and Tomichi Trail. A big thank you to the Gunnison County Public Works Department and to our own Sean McCormick for working together to make this happen.

The Board has authorized the purchase and installation of two “Driver Feedback Radar Signs.” The signs are being purchased to address concerns from many residents about drivers exceeding the speed limit with a lot the children in our neighborhood. These are signs that read your speed and then show that speed on the sign. One sign will be installed on upper Fairway Lane to remind drivers of their speed as they get into the residential area. The other sign will be installed on Tomichi Trail near the mailboxes. We have applied to Gunnison County to install these signs on the County Right of Way and hope to have them installed before too long.

To assist with spring clean-up, the Board approved a dumpster to be placed at the junction of Fairway Lane and Tomichi Trail. The dumpster will be available from May 3rd until it is full or through May 9th. This dumpster is being provided for spring clean-up, and we must meet the rules of the County Landfill. We need to follow these rules to avoid any problems being accepted at the landfill and/or incurring extra charges. Please ensure that you do not throw any of the following items in the dumpster.

*NO LIQUIDS OF ANY KIND!

  • NO Concrete Tires and/or Rims Mattress and/or Box Springs
  • NO Appliances, Electronics, and/or Batteries  Motorized Equipment
  • NO  Fluorescent lights  Treated Fence Posts Railroad Ties

*Dry empty paint cans with the lid off can be placed in the dumpster.

We cannot fill the dumpster above the rim, so please break apart and flatten bulky items. Do not place anything in the dumpster if it cannot be fully below the rim.

The Six Points box truck will be at the intersection of Fairway and Tomichi on Saturday, May 4th, from 10am to 12pm. Two staff members will be aboard: Kyle and Johnny.
The following is a list of items that Six Points is unable to accept:

  • Beds or bed parts of any kind
  • Electronics of any kind
  • Plug in Exercise equipment of any kind
  • Baby equipment of any kind, car seats, high chairs, anything that could be a concern from a safety standpoint.
  • We cannot accept helmets.
  • We understand that donations will be used and somewhat worn, but we cannot accept items with stains, smells, or tears.

The Board is also trying to make communication quicker and easier for all of us by getting an email address for each lot owner. If you could take a moment and go to https://DosRios3.com, under the “Menu” tab click “Newsletter Subscription” and fill out the form with your preferred email address. Thank you, we hope to send notices like this by email in the near future.

The Board also wants to thank all of those who have contacted the Architectural Committee regarding their planned changes, as required by the Covenants. Quite a few plans are moving forward for this year. If you have some planned changes you are thinking about, please go to https://DosRios3.com, click on “Architecture and Review”, then fill out the form to start the review process.

If you look at your latest water bill from the County you will see they are concerned about sump pumps pumping into the sewer system and increasing all of our water/sewer bills. This follows up with the information they provided at our annual membership meeting last September. The county is asking us to remind everyone to check our crawl space and change any sump pump to ensure it is not going into the sewer, hopefully saving us all some money.

The Board is also looking for your feedback. Their contact info is also on our website. Hope all of you have a great spring and start to your summer! See you around the neighborhood.

Sincerely,

Mark  Hatcher

Dos Rios 3 HOA Board President

3/12/2024 minutes

Dos Rios III HOA Board Meeting Minutes

03/12/24, 4:00 PM

Location:  Gunnison Public Library

Standing Agenda

1. Roll Call of Board

2. Proof of Notice of Meeting.  Letter sent out dated XX

3. Reading and approval of any unapproved Board minutes

4. Proposed Regulations for CCIOA

a. Summary of written comments that were received

b. Discussion of Comments

c. Any proposed Changes

d. Board Vote

5. New Business

6. Adjournment

Attendees

Board Members:

Mark Hatcher – HOA President

Sean McCormick – HOA Vice President

John Nelson – Secretary

Property Owners:

Bill Dowis

Angeline harty

Keens

Jim McCallister

Michael Lovato

Meeting Agenda

  1. Roll call.  4:03 p.m. meeting called to order; quorum established. 
  1. Proof of notice of meeting completed.   Letter went out 2/13/24.
  1. Reading and approval of 11/7/23 Meeting Minutes completed. Unanimous approval.
  1. Committee Reports
  1. Noxious Weed Committee.   None.
  1. Covenant Committee.  Sean has gone over previous covenants.  Need updating based on amendments.  Putting covenants into a new word document to make it a living document, DRII name updated, Bylaw committee will identify covenants that need to be reviewed and potentially changed.  Sean is still in the process of identifying and confirming members.  Members will start looking at which covenants need ammendment.  To amend the covenants, we need 75% of membership, we have 3 guiding documents, bylaws, rules and regulations, covenants.  
  1. Architectural Committee.  
  1. HOA Financials.  $38K presently in checking.  $2,300 in dues received.  $2,700 spent on general costs, fees, etc….   Doug doing taxes for the HOA free of charge.
  1. Discussion of old and unfinished business
    1. Mailbox / roads improvement.  Sean had a meeting with County this week.  Gunnison still does not have a Postmaster.   The county proposal to move mailboxes has inherent issues.  Tom (postal deliverer) doesn’t think that proposed mailbox move will work that well.   Sean doesn’t think the county proposal is that great.   Still at ground zero.  County should just do some shoulder work, better yet, get the areas paved.  Fairway needs repaving; Sean will inquire.  
  1. New Business
    1. Homeowner new business – None.
    2. Budget.  The HOA is looking to put our money in a CD to earn interest.  
    3. Renting a dumpster for spring cleaning.  Mark received quotes:  Waste Disposal –   $575 plus $335 initial delivery charge and $83 / ton for disposal.   Golden Eagle –  $1,105 dollars one time charge.  Where to park it?  Park on shortcut in middle of neighborhood?   We can leave it there until its full then call for removal.  We should establish what can / cannot be put in the dumpster.  Idea:  Establish a neighborhood cleanup day.   Target dates:  May / June.  Consider a Fall date?    Mark looking for volunteers to lead the effort.  Motion made to approve dumpster expenditure, unanimously approval.
    4. We need an email list of homeowners.  Idea:  Next newsletter – ask for email addresses.  JN – will inquire with Rob about setting this up. 
  1. Quote for signage related to speeding.  Mark got quotes.  Solar powered signs are $3,400k from several vendors and Amazon.  Looking for volunteers to identify optimal sign placement and obtain homeowner consent.  Need to check with the County on install, specs, etc. Sean met with the County which had temporarily deployed mobile speed limit signs on Fairway Ln.  in the past.  The signs come with a 2-year warranty on the sign itself and 1 year warranty on the battery.  Cost roughly equates to one year of total annual membership dues for each sign.   Motion to approve contingent on county approval:  Unanimous.  Question:  Have temporary speed bumps ever been installed?   No.  
  1. Homeowner Question:  Are members good about paying dues?  Board response:  Yes, as the association currently only has two 2 members outstanding.   
  1. Set date for next Board Meeting: (Date), 4:00 p.m.  Gunnison County Library.  Target Date for next HOA letter: (Date)   June 18th, 4:00 p.m.
  1. Adjournment: 5:05 p.m.

11/7/2023 Minutes

Dos Rios III HOA Board Meeting Minutes

11/7/23, 4:00 PM

Location:  Gunnison Public Library

Standing Agenda

1. Roll Call of Board

2. Proof of Notice of Meeting

3. Reading and approval of any unapproved Board minutes

4. Proposed Regulations for CCIOA

a. Summary of written comments that were received

b. Discussion of Comments

c. Any proposed Changes

d. Board Vote

5. New Business

6. Adjournment

Attendees

Board Members:

Mark Hatcher – HOA President

Sean McCormick – HOA Vice President

John Nelson – Secretary

Doug Gorman – Treasurer

Property Owners:

Russ Halprin

Jeffery Lazo

Perry & Teresa Anderson

Jim McCallister

Steve Westbay

Jeff Wilkerson

Meeting Agenda

  1. Roll call.  4:03 p.m. meeting called to order; quorum established. 
  1. Proof of notice of meeting completed.   Letter went out 10/4/23.
  1. Reading and unanimous approval of 9/20/23 Meeting Minutes completed.
  1. Committee Reports
  1. Noxious Weed Committee.  None. 
  1. Covenant Committee.  Sean is leading the committee and several folks have expressed interest in participating including Russ Halprin, Jennifer Kermode, Jeff Wilkerson, and Perry Anderson.  Sean will be reaching out to committee members to get the process started. 
  1. Architectural Committee.  None. 
  1. HOA Financials.  None.
  1. Discussion of old and unfinished business
  1. Adoption of proposed regulations to bring DRIII into compliance with the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act (CCIOA).  Mark specifically addressed comments received at the annual meeting and described current fine schedule and the fine schedule proposed under CCIOA.  Five comment letters were received from the membership.  In 2014, the DR board had already adopted 7 of the 10 articles in CCIOA which are attached to our Bylaws.  A discussion of proposed CCIOA provisions in our draft regulations was compared to existing resolutions in the Bylaws.  The current CCIOA article language is similar but not quite the same for the previously adopted articles in 2014.  The updated set of regulations (2022) provides more accurate language.  Discussion Highlights:  Mark mentioned some confusion exists in the association regarding the adoption of CCIOA vs updating the covenants, and the need to follow the due process of CCIOA.  Doug mentioned CCIOA is designed to protect community members.  Mark shared that the fine fee structure language in CCIOA is designed to protect homeowners from overreaching boards and establishes maximum thresholds.  Article 8 adds language establishing proceedures for handling disputes.  Adoption of CCIOA will inform how covenants may be updated.  Section 4.1.5 of the bylaws allows for removal of board members.  The board will commence the process of updating the covenants soon.  Marc made a motion to approve the regulations as written by our attorney and posted on the DRIII website.  All board members voted in favor resulting in unanimous approval.  
  1. Paving, Roads, and Mailbox Improvements.  Sean spoke with Gunnison County about improving surfaces around the mailboxes.  The County proposed moving the mailboxes such that it is accessed and plowed from one side.  The County will be contacting the Post Office to discuss.  
  1. New Business
  1. Old County Right of Way (Upper mailbox area on Fairway Ln. to Rio Vista).  Sean asked County if they would consider vacating the right of way to the HOA to facilitate common property ownership.  If the transfer would strengthen the HOA, then the commissioners would likely be in favor. The HOA would need to survery the right of way prior to consideration of the proposal to vacate.  John motioned for the board to investigate options for obtaining the vacated right of way.  All in favor with unanimous approval.
  1. Jeffery Lazo spoke about wildfire issues.  The house he lived in Louisville burned.  Recommended the board put in letter that homeowners review their insurance policies and ensure they are adequately ensured.  Question:  Could the HOA enforce any wildfire mitigation?  Western Regional Wildfire Council (WRWC) will do a free wildfire assessment.  The board should also talk to golf course about potential wildfire mitigation activities, e.g., use of sprinkler systems.  Mark will put that in the next update letter.  The covenant committee can also investigate this as they begin reviewing covenants.  FireWise Community membership should also be investigated.  We should inquire with the WRWC on how to get homes inspected.   
  1. Dark Sky Compliance.  Jeffry Lazo (observatory volunteer) would like to see more discussion regarding compliance.  There is a county code recommendation on new construction and remodels where 50%+ total area is added.   There are numerous homes in the community that are not shielded.  Requested the board consider the association becoming dark sky compliant.  
  1. Set date for next Board Meeting:  1/16/2023, 4:00 p.m.  Gunnison County Library.  Target Date for next HOA letter:  Summer 2024.   
  1. Adjournment:  5:12 p.m.

March 12, 2024, 4 pm HOA Meeting

Dos Rios III HOA Board Meeting

March 12, 2024 4:00 PM

Gunnison County Library – Room D

Agenda

1. Roll Call of Board

2. Proof of Notice of Meeting.

3. Reading and approval of any unapproved Board minutes.

4. Report out of Committees and work items.

a. Covenant Committee

b. Weed Committee

c. Mailbox update

d. Sign replacement and new signs

5. New Business

a. Placing some funds in our HOA Checking Account into a

CD to earn better interest.

b. Renting a large dumpster for Spring Clean-up of members

lots.

c. Purchase of speed limit radar sign and replacement of

missing signs.

6. Adjournment

March 14, 2023, Minutes

 Dos Rios III HOA Board Meeting Minutes 

3/14/23, 6:00 PM 

Location: Gunnison Public Library 

Attendees 

  • Mark Hatcher – HOA President 
  • Sean McCormick – HOA Vice President 
  • John Nelson – Secretary 
  • Sarah Vick – Treasurer 
  • Kathy Bignell – Homeowner 
  • Russ Halpren – Homeowner 
  • Patrick Vick – Homeowner 

Meeting Agenda 

  1. Roll call. 4:03 p.m. Meeting called to order; quorum established. 
  2. Proof of notice of meeting completed. 
  3. Reading and approval of 11/30/23 Meeting Minutes completed. 
  4. Committee Reports: 

a. Noxious Weed Committee. Current members consist of John Nelson, Paul Morgan, Jennifer Kermode, and Karen Gorman. Committee meeting to be scheduled in May ahead of the next board meeting. Current tasks include speaking with Dos Rios 1 about mowing the green belt and meeting with Dos Rios GC to discuss treatment or mowing of GC managed areas with a history of becoming infested. Monitor vacant lots that become weedy and contact lot owners as necessary. 

b. ByLaw Committee. Current members consist of Sean McCormick and Russ Halprin. The committee is looking for a third member. Dos Rios III bylaws need to be updated. CCIOA had a major update in 2022; need to ensure compliance and congruence with any applicable updates. The committee will contact the HOA attorney to see what’s advised and what should be updated. 

c. Architectural Committee. Committee members were confirmed and consisted of Steve Westbay, Mark Hatcher, Kathy Bignell, and Jennifer Barvitsky. Rob Strickland will reflect members on the Dos Rios III website. 

d. HOA Financials. Sarah Vick reported that a second notice for delinquent dues payments was sent out in January 2023 reflecting unpaid invoices and total owed. Existing penalties for delinquent payment of dues were discussed and that beginning in September the Board will pursue delinquent dues, as per the HOA bylaws. 

5. Discussion of old and unfinished business 

a. HOA Letter. Discussed and confirmed HOA letter from Board President was mailed out (February 8th, 2023). 

b. Paving and Roads Improvements. No updates. Sean McCormick mentioned Spring is an appropriate time to reach out to the County regarding road improvements around the mailbox areas. An inquiry was made as to when the county might resurface county-maintained roads and Dos Rios III is currently not on the list, however, there is interest in meeting with the HOAs regarding water infiltration and road surface conditions. Sarah Vick will be contacting United Paving to get an estimate for paving the mailbox areas. 

6. New Business 

a. Committees or working groups needed. The board discussed if a Covenant Committee should be formed. This committee would have 2 basic tasks: 1) Review the covenants and where covenants are not clear, make recommendations to the Board on how that covenant should be interpreted, and 2) Inspect the neighborhood to report to the Board on possible infractions to the covenants. The intent would be to determine if there’s non-compliance with the covenants, identify violations, and make recommendations to the Board. This does not include enforcement which is strictly a responsibility of the HOA board. 

b. Short-term rentals (STRs). The board discussed proactively addressing the potential issues stemming from the presence of any current or future STR’s. The board will consider having the HOA attorney investigate and identify current local and state ordinances governing STRs. 

c. Scam emails. Several board members report receiving scam or hoax emails soliciting funds. Changing personal email addresses to generic HOA email addresses is recommended and can be facilitated by Rob Strickland. 

d. Speeding and speed limit enforcement. Speeding continues to be a problem on community roads. The board is inquiring with the county regarding the deployment of permanent and mobile speed limit signage and other options for assessing traffic speeds and volume. 

e. Target Date for next HOA letter: Summer 2023. 

7. Set date for next Board Meeting: 6/8/2023, 1600-1800, Gunnison Public Library. 

8. Adjournment: 5:35 p.m. 

Nov 30, 2022 Minutes

Dos Rios III HOA Board Meeting Minutes

11/30/22, 6:00 PM

Location:  Fred Field Center

Call to Order:  6:10 p.m., quorum established.

Attendees

Mark Hatcher – HOA President

Sean McCormick – HOA Vice President

John Nelson – Secretary

Russ Halpren – Homeowner

Rob Strictland- Homeowner

Meeting Agenda

  • Roll call
  • Proof of meeting notice
  • Reading and approval of minutes from the Annual Meeting
  • Discussion of old business
    • Signage
    • Mailbox parking areas
    • Updating bylaws for CCIOA
  • New Business
    • Committees or working groups needed
    • ?
  • Set date for next Board Meeting
  • Adjournment

Old Business

Street and speed limit signage / Paving of Mailbox Areas  

Tomichi trail road sign missing is missing at junction with Fairway Lane.  The board is in the process of working with County Road and Bridge to discuss road signs and speed limit signs, as well as road improvements around the mailboxes.   It was noted that one speed limit sign is typically all that is posted on a dead-end road.   

HOA Letter

An HOA letter informing residents of the election results to modify the HOA Bylaws and what occurred at the Dos Rios 3 HOA Annual Meeting was mailed to residents in early November 2022. 

Annual Meeting Minutes

Minutes from annual meeting were unanimously approved.

Financials

No updates provided.

New Business    

The Board unanimously approved to create and or renew several HOA committees to work on recurring HOA business and projects.

The Committees are:

1. By-laws/Covenants Committee: This committee will meet with our HOA Lawyer, Mr. With, to review all our By-laws and Covenants and recommend any needed changes so that they are in accordance with Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act (CCIOA). 2022 brought several changes with several new laws being enacted by the Colorado Legislature and signed by the Governor, which will affect HOA’s. Once this committee makes its recommendation, we will provide that information to the members and hold an election on those changes. The Board would like to add one more member to this committee which currently includes Sean McCormick and Russ Halprin.

2. Noxious Weed Committee: This committee will assess noxious weeds in the area and look at ways to educate and inform our members as to why and how noxious weeds may be treated and how to minimize impacts to non-target species. The committee will explore ways to work with the County and Golf Course to coordinate the treatment of noxious weeds. The chair for this committee is John Nelson and the Board is looking for a minimum of 2 more members.

3. Architectural Committee:This committee will remain active even though there are only a few lots left to build on. As homeowners look to add on to their homes, update their exterior, or plan to install a fence or outbuilding, the Architectural committee will need to approve those projects. The Board is looking for the addition of 1 more member to this committee. The Committee currently consists of Jennifer Barvitski, Steve Westway and Mark Hatcher. The Board will send out a reminder to anyone contemplating changes to the outside of their house or changes to their property where to find the application for improvements to start the approval process.  Applications are located on the Dos Rios 3 web page (http://dosrios3.com). From the Home Page, residents should click on the ‘Menu’ button and scroll down to ‘Architectural Review’. Some of the information required to be submitted should include but is not limited to:  plans, a drawing of the lot showing where construction will occur, and samples showing materials and color schemes of the proposed project. Specifics for what information the committee needs may be found in Section 5 of the Covenants available on the HOA web site.  

The Board will share information about these committees in newsletter to HOA residents.  Residents are encouraged to contact the HOA if they have an interest in serving on one of the committees.  

Covenants  

A notice reminding residents of their responsibility to uphold the HOA covenants will be sent out in a newsletter.  Covenants are listed on the Dos Rios III Web Page (http://dosrios3.com).

A short version of covenants to be highlighted include:

Section 4 Lot Use: All lots within Dos Rios Unit 3 shall be used exclusively for single family dwelling. No business or commercial activity shall be conducted on any lot.

Section 7. Temporary Building: No mobile homes or temporary buildings of any nature.

Section 8. Animals: No animals allowed except 2 domesticated pets.

Section 8. A. No pets shall be allowed to run at large. Animals shall be enclosed within a fence or on a leash.

Section 12. Fences: Fences, hedges, walls, and landscaping devices may be allowed after written approval by the Architectural Committee.

Section 14. (Amended Sept 2005) Exterior Storage of Vehicles and Recreational Equipment: No more than 3 vehicles or items of recreational equipment (examples are campers, utility trailers), or combination thereof, shall be stored upon any lot, outside of the garage, they must be fully operational and where required by Colorado statute, have current registration…. For purposes of this paragraph, recreational equipment includes boats, campers, motorcycles, snowmobiles, golf carts and other similar items.  When more than one item of recreational equipment is kept upon or within a trailer which is currently registered and displays a current number plate, they shall be considered one vehicle.

Section 16. Repairs: All buildings and structures shall always be kept in good and proper repair and in an attractive appearance by the owner thereof.

If residents have any questions concerning any of the Dos Rios III HOA covenants, they are encouraged to contact the board using the contact information on the HOA website or send an email to dosrios3hoa@gmail.com.

Meeting Adjourned- 7:32 p.m.

Next Board Meeting is Scheduled for 3/14/23, Gunnison Public Library Conference Room, 4:00 p.m.